An air cooler is one of the most in-demand electrical equipment during summer seasons as it makes the summer easy.
How does air-cooler work?
Do you that an air cooler is also referred as evaporative cooler or swamp cooler. As the name suggests the basic principle in the working of an air cooler is the evaporation of water. An air cooler has a fan in it, which keeps sucking the air from the backside of the air cooler and delivering the air in the front. But, between this sucking in and delivery process, the air passes through a porous material often referred to as skin or honeycomb. This skin or honeycomb will have water in them, when the hot air sucked from the back of the air cooler passes through the skin or honeycomb, the water on the skin/honeycomb absorbs the heat from the air and evaporates, now the air that comes out of the skin/honeycomb will comparatively have lower temperature than in air sucked in, this air is then delivered through the front.
I have mentioned about the water in the skin/honeycomb, where does this water come from? An air cooler has a small reservoir water tank from which a pump keeps pumping the water to the skin/honeycomb. This is the basic working principle of an air cooler.
Advantages of air coolers –
- Consumes comparatively less energy than air conditioners
- Air coolers are environment-friendly
- Air coolers do not use any chemicals for its cooling process
- An air cooler is portable and good replacement for air conditioners at some circumstances
- An air cooler is cheaper than an air conditioner.
Now, without wasting any time let’s go deep into how to find the best air cooler to suit your needs or in other words, factors to consider while purchasing an air cooler.
- Type of air cooler – There are two types of air coolers available on the Indian market today.
- Room air cooler or personal air cooler – This type of air cooler is best for small and medium-sized rooms, the water tank capacity of this type air coolers is between 20-30 litres. Personal air coolers use huge fans for air delivery.
- Desert air cooler – This type of air cooler is the best for big rooms and the water tank capacity of this type of air coolers will be between 30 – 60 litres. Desert air cooler uses blowers for air delivery.
So, while purchasing keep in mind to purchase the cooler according to the room area. If the room is too big you can consider buying desert air coolers, if one desert air cooler is not enough, then consider buying more than one, however, you calculate buying an air cooler is more cost effective than buying an air conditioner.
- Type of cooling pad – Cooling pad or skin is one of the most important parts of an air cooling system. It is the part through which air passes; there are two types of cooling pads available on the market right now.
- Honey comb – This type of cooling pad looks like a honey comb, it is made of cellulose material and is comparatively more efficient and costly than other cooling pad.
- Aspen wood wool – This type of cooling pad is made of wood shavings synthetic fibre that looks like grass. It is comparatively less efficient and cheaper than other types of cooling pads.
Now, you might think why to consider cooling pad as a factor while purchasing an air cooler, one of the main reason is that cooling pads get dirty and can be cleaned once in a while, but after few time cleaning and using the cooling pads will prove inefficient. In such, circumstances the user will have to replace the cooling pad with brand new one. So, prefer buying an air cooler with honey comb cooling pads.
- Size –Like mentioned in the first factor, there are two types of air coolers. Personal and desert air cooler and the type depend on the size of the room. Every air cooler on the market will have a size description as declared by the manufacturer. So, while purchasing always check the room size specification declared by the manufacturer.
- Brand – Today, the market is flooded with thousands of models of air coolers. Each with different specification and features. The manufacturers can be classified as generic and brand. It is always better to prefer purchasing an air cooler from a branded manufacturer because the quality of the parts in branded air cooler would be comparatively better than what generic air cooler has.
- Blower speed – The blower speed is another important factor to consider while purchasing an air cooler, the speed of the blower or the fan is the factor that decides the air flow character and the range at which the air cooler can deliver the cool air.
- Oscillating feature – Like table’s fans and pedestal fan’s coolers also come with an oscillating feature. This feature enables the air cooler to deliver air to larger sweep.
These are the important features you should consider while purchasing an air cooler, however, there are also other factors like cost, cooler design etc. But these factors depend on personal choice, so, I leave it to you.
Bestselling Air Coolers Online in India 2018
Considering all the factors mentioned above here are some of the best air coolers available on the Indian market right now.
1. Symphony Diet 12T 12 Ltrs Air Cooler (White)
The Symphony Diet 12T 12 Ltrs Air Cooler from the brand Symphony is one of the best air coolers available on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a water tank capacity of 12- Litres and can serve a room with area 100 Sq. Ft. The cooler comes with honey comb cooling pads and the device consumes only 170 Watts energy. The product has an air throw distance of 30 Ft and comes with a 1-year warranty on the product.
2. Symphony Hicool i 31 Ltrs Air Cooler (White) – with Remote Control
The Symphony Hicool i 31 Ltrs Air Cooler with Remote Control from the manufacturer Symphony is one of the best air coolers on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a water tank capacity of 31 litres and can serve a room area of 175 Sq. Ft. This device comes with an air throw distance of 37 Ft and consumes energy of 185 Watts. One of the notable features of this air cooler is that it comes with a remote control that enables the user to control the cooler setting remotely.
3. Bajaj Platini PX97 TORQUE 36 Ltrs Room Air Cooler (White)
The Bajaj Platini PX97 TORQUE 36 Ltrs Room Air Cooler from the Indian manufacturer Bajaj is one of the best air coolers available on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a tank capacity of 36 Litres and can serve an area of 150 Sq. Ft. One of the notable features of this air cooler is that it has cooling pads on 3 sides that increase the efficiency of the cooler. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the product and is incorporated with a honey comb cooling pad.
It is also has a castor wheel for easy mobility and consumes only 100 Watts energy.
4. Symphony Diet 22i 22-Litre Air Cooler with Remote (White)-For small room
The Symphony Diet 22i 22-Litre Air Cooler with Remote from the manufacturer Symphony is one of the best air coolers available on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a 22 Litre water tank capacity and a cross-ventilation. One of the notable features of this air cooler is that it comes with a 7-hour timer and 1-year warranty on the product.
5. Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H 20 Litres Air Cooler (White and Light Grey)
The Orient Electric Smartcool Dx CP2002H 20 Litres Air Cooler from the manufacturer Orient Electric is one of the best air cooler available on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a tank capacity of 20 Litres and can serve an area of 150 Sq. Ft. This product comes with a 3 speed motor and a 1-year warranty on the product. The product also has 4 castor wheels for easy mobility.
6. Crompton Marvel PAC201 20-Litre Evaporative Air Personal Cooler – White
The Crompton Marvel PAC201 20-Litre Evaporative Air Personal Cooler from the manufacturer Crompton is one of the best air coolers available on the Indian market right now. This air cooler comes with a 20-Litre capacity water tank and can serve an area of 150 Sq. Ft. This product consumes only 130 Watts energy and comes with a 1-year warranty on the product. The product comes with an air throw up to 20 Ft.
An air cooler is very important electrical equipment that provides comfort when its summer season. There are several models of air cooler available on the Indian market, if you need the best air cooler, refer the above-mentioned factors and then consider factors to buy the best air cooler.