Glue Gun is a powerful tool for the professionals, students,and hobbyist. The gun dispenses the hot thermoplastic adhesive which is usually in a solid stick form. The gun melts the glue and dispenses it through the nozzle for direct application. The gun is perfect for use on rubber, metal, glass, wood, ceramic and plastic. It helps in getting a strong and quick bond between two materials and a lot of professionals use it as well. Student and Hobbyist have also found the utility of the glue gun in many things.
In addition to this, the gun is now common in households as it can help in quick-fix solutions for many items.
Things to Keep in Mind While Buying a Glue Gun
There are certain points to be considered while buying a glue gun and some of these points are listed below
- Temperature Setting – You need to consider the temperature rating of the gun as there are two types of guns available. One of them is a high-temperature gun and the other one is a low-temperature There are dual temperature guns available which are certainly the best option to consider.
- Tips –Some of the guns have interchangeable tips and it is certainly better to buy those guns as you can alter the flow of glue and you can also change the tips if it gets damaged. There is not much of difference between the price of glue gun with the fixed tips and the ones with the interchangeable tips.
- Power Mode –Usually the glue guns are the corded one but at present, cordless guns are also available. The best option is to buy the corded guns as you do not have to worry about charging the battery and they are also relatively cheaper.
- Gun Stand – Some of the Glue Guns also have a stand attached to them which allows you to carefully keep the gun on any stable service. Always try and buy a gun with the stand as it is easy to use and it is also very much safer to use the guns with a stand.
List of Bestselling Glue Guns in India
1. Stanley 69GR20B Gluepro Trigger Feed Hot Melt Glue Gun
- This is one of the most reliable glue gun available in the market and the gun has a trigger mechanism which helps in easy dispensing of glue.
- The nozzle of the gun is leak proof and hence you would not experience any leaks or hot mess while using the gun.
- The heating time of the gun is about a minute.
- The gun also has a very stable in-built stand which enables you to store the gun sagely during the use.
- The power rating of the gun is 30 watts
2. Themisto Glue Gun 40W Trigger Feed Hot Melt Glue Gun
- This Gun is a 40 Watt Hot Melt Glue Gun which is the standard feed.
- It is available in 7 Different colors and all of these colors are quite attractive.
- The nozzle of this gun is made of aluminum and the nozzle never gets blocked
- The heating time of the gun varies between 2 minutes to 4 minutes. Once heated, the gun would help you in creating awesome projects.
3. Mega Glue Gun 40W with 8 sticks
- Mega Glue gun has a power rating of 40 Watt and just like other guns, it is also a trigger fed gun.
- The nozzle of the gun has a heat shield which saves you from any accidental burns.
- The gun also has an in-built stand which is one of the most desirable features in the gun
- Apart from the features mentioned above, the gun comes with 8 Glue Sticks
4. Cheston 40W Hot Glue Melt Gun
- This Glue Gun from Cheston is another gun which operates at 40 watts.
- The gun comes in two variations and the one variation has a 3 stick set and the other set has 10 glue sticks included in the pack.
- The heating time of the gun is about 3 minutes and hence you do not have to wait for longer time.
- This gun from Cheston also has a stand for safe storage of the gun during the use.
5. Junkyard Electronics 40Watt Glue Gun
- Junkyard Electronics is a popular brand and this glue gun operates at 40 watts.
- The heating time of this gun is 2 minutes and you can get a reliable bond in just 10 seconds of time.
- The pack comes with 8 glue sticks and that is certainly an advantage.
- The glue gun also has a stand for safe storage of the glue gun when it is heated.
Conclusion: Glue Guns are certainly a great utility tool and you can buy the one you like but you need to be careful while using the glue gun so that you do not end up buying yourself. In addition to this, do not leave children unsupervised while they are using the glue gun.