Winters can make you lazy and if you are not used to that harsh cold of north India then it is the right time to buy a room heater. You will not only feel active but you will be able to do your work in a better way. Even at night, you would have a much more comfortable sleep because of the room heater.
It is not an easy task to buy a room heater and you cannot just buy any random room heater. In such a case, it would be better to do some research before you end up buying the room heater for yourself. To help you in making the important purchase decision, we have compiled a short buying guide.
You can go through this buying guide for room heaters and this will help you in choosing the right type of room heater for yourself.
So, here is the buying guide for room heaters.
Buying Guide for Room Heaters
- Type of Room Heater – There are three different types of room heaters available in the market. One is the convection heater, the second one is a radiant heater and the third one is oil-filled heater here is more information about the same.
- Radiant Heater – These heater uses Infrared to heat the room and unique part about these heaters is that they do not heat up the room but the provide heat to the people in the room with help of direct energy transfer. These heaters ideal for a small room which has a less number of people.
- Convection Heater – These are the traditional heaters available in India. Some of the heaters come with a fan while others do not have a fan. These heaters are very efficient when it comes to heating the complete room. Most of these heaters come with a ceramic element and they are quite durable.
- Oil – Filled Heater – These heaters are the safest heaters available in the market. They have an oil radiator and the oil is heated with help of a heating mechanism. Even after turning the heater off, the oil radiates heat for a longer time. They are a little costly but they are ideal for big and small rooms.
- Size of the Room – Consider the size of your room while buying a heater and ensure that you do not buy a very small heater if you intend to use it in a big room. The size of the heater should be proportional to the heating capacity.
- Power Consumption – Heaters usually consume a lot of electricity and hence you might want to check the wattage and the power consumption of the heaters. This will ensure that you do not get a shock when you receive your monthly energy bills.
- Auto Temperature Adjust – Some of the heaters comes with the auto on/off and this works on basis of the temperature of the room. This is similar to the working of an Air Condition and you can certainly opt for this feature if you want to use the heater for all night.
- Handle – If you are buying a convection heater then you might want to ensure that the heater comes with a handle because, without a handle, it will be very difficult for you to move the heater. You would have to wait for the heater to cool down before you can actually move it.
- Budget – Lastly, check the price range of the product. You can get various options in the budget range you intend to set for yourself. This will help you in shortlisting the features that you can have and the features that you can’t have.
These are the different factors that need to be considered while buying a room heater. Remember to opt for a good brand as a poor quality room heater can often result in a fire or a short circuit.
If you are still not able to make your mind about the model that you need to buy then do not worry as we have listed some of the best room heaters available in India.
List of Bestselling Room Heaters in India
10. Bajaj RX 11 2000-Watt Heat Convector
If you are looking for a heater that is compact and stylish then you must have a look at this room heater from Bajaj. You will fall in love with the design of this room heater. Have a look at the product design and features with help of the link mentioned below.
- The room heater has two different heat settings for 2000 W and 1000 W.
- There is also a fan in this room heater which circulates the air very efficiently.
- The housing of the heater stays cool even after prolonged use.
- You can adjust the thermostat of the heater easily
- The company offers 2 years of warranty on the product.
9. Usha FH 3628 PTC 1800-Watt Fan Heater (Black)
Usha is another reliable brand on our list and the heater from Usha is certainly very durable. Here are more details about this amazing room heater from Usha.
- The heater has two settings, these settings are 1000 and 1800 Watt.
- The heater comes with a fall protection switch and a thermal cut out feature.
- The model is black in color and it is very compact.
- This room heater also has two dials to control air flow and temperature.
- The heater also has a thermostat which disables the heating coil if the room is a farmer than the setting.
8. Maharaja Whiteline Flare 2000-Watt Heat Convector
Next on our list is this traditional looking heater from Maharaja. It had always been one of the best-selling product and here are some more details about this heater from Maharaja
- The room heater comes with a two year warranty and it protects the consumer from any defect.
- The maximum power consumption by this room heater is 2000 watt.
- There is a control for fan speed as well as the heating coil
- There is a big handle on the heater which enables you to move it easily.
7. Eveready QH800 800-Watt Room Heater (Black)
If you are looking for a radiant room heater without a fan then you can choose this heater as well. The heater comes with many features and it is certainly one of the best room heaters from EverReady. Here are some of the features of this heater.
- The heater comes with two quartz tube which is heated and hence heating the room.
- The heater is quite portable and it is very easy to carry it from one place to another.
- There is also a heating indicator on this room heater.
- Apart from all this, the heater comes with 1 year warranty and the maximum power consumption is 800 Watts
6. Usha FH 1212 PTC 1500-Watt Fan Heater (Black/Brown)
This is the second product from Usha on our list and it is certainly one of the best available in the market. The heater is quite compact in size and it has a woody texture on the top. You must have a look at the product with help of the link mentioned below.
- The product comes with 2 stage safety for over-heat protections.
- There are two heating elements and they work independently. This saves a lot of electricity.
- The housing of the room heater has a fire retardant material and hence you stay safe.
- The heater also carries 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.
5. Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater (Cream)
This is another basic heater on our list and this model is from Bajaj. Bajaj is known for safety and reliability so you can also purchase this heater if you wish to. You can also check out the reviews of the product with help of the link listed below.
- This heater also comes with two settings and hence the heater can be set at 1000 W or 2000 W.
- The heater has automatic thermal cut-out and it is also very portable.
- The fan in the heater is of high duty and it comes with a fan adjust switch.
- The product comes with a two year warranty.
4. Morphy Richards OFR 09 2000-Watt Oil Filled Radiator (Grey)
Are you looking for an oil filled radiator? Well, this could be the perfect choice for you. The oil radiator from Morphy Richards is not just safe but it is quite reliable.
- The radiator has 9 fins which are filled with
- The thermostat cuts off the heating automatically if the temperature of the room gets warmer than the settings.
- The radiator also has a heat selection and power selection button.
- The total warranty on the product is 2 years and the total power consumption is 2000 watts.
3. Orpat ORH-1410 1000 Watt Radiant Heater
This is a radiant heater from Orpat and you can also opt for this if you are looking for something very affordable and sturdy. Check out the details of this heater which are listed below.
- The heater has 1 radiant coil which can’t be adjusted.
- The heater also has a nickel chrome plated reflector which ensures that the energy isn’t wasted.
- The heater also carries two years of warranty which is offered by the manufacturer.
2. Orpat OEH-1220 2000-Watt Fan Heater (White)
This is another heater from Orpat in our list and the heater has a fan which circulates the air very efficiently. This heater is perfect for a room up to 250 sq. ft. Check out the details of the product by going to the product page and you will not be disappointed.
- The heater comes with a thermal cut-off switch for your safety.
- There are two modes on this heater, one mode uses 1000 watt while other uses 2000 watts.
- There is a control for adjusting the speed of the fan and heating element.
- The body of the heater is made of ABS which doesn’t get heated at all.
1. Havells OFR – 9Fin 2500-Watt PTC Fan Heater (Black)
These days, this the highest selling room heater from Havells. This can get a little expensive but the price is worth the safety that you get with this heater. Here are details of this heater.
- The heater comes with a safety cover and it has 9 oil filled fins.
- The heater also has a thermostat which can shut the heater when required.
- Apart from this, the heater can be moved easily because of the wheels.
- The heater also has a fan which makes the room heating even more efficient.
These are some of the best models of room heaters available in India. You can easily find all these models in any retail showroom but if you are looking for a discount then you must check out the prices on the e-commerce portals. There would be a huge price difference between the two and you will end up saving a lot of money on your purchase.