One of the highest selling FMCG products in any part of the world is Toothpaste. The day can’t start without a toothpaste as the first thing that all of us do in the morning is that we brush our teeth. In such a case, it is really important to have nice toothpaste stacked on the bathroom shelf.
Moreover, buying toothpaste is not as easy as it sounds because there are many factors that must be considered while buying toothpaste. In addition to this, each and every brand claims to be the best and this makes the buying decision further more difficult.
So, If in case you are still not sure about which toothpaste to buy then go through the list mentioned below as we have compiled a list of the best toothpaste available in Indian market.
Bestselling Toothpaste in India
1. Colgate Toothpaste Active Salt – 50 g
Salt had been used for cleaning teeth since centuries and if it is certainly quite beneficial. The salt acts as a natural abrasive which helps in the removal of plaque and keeping the teeth clean. The minty flavours of the toothpaste offers a fresh breath and the toothpaste is preferred by a lot of people.
2. Dabur Red Ayurvedic Toothpaste
Dabur Red Teeth Powder had been really popular in past but the usage of the same was on a decline. To deal with this, the company launched the same teeth powder in form of toothpaste. Since then, the popularity of this natural toothpaste had been on rise again. You can purchase this from any local shop and you will not be disappointed by the flavour or the benefits of this toothpaste.
3. Patanjali Dant Kanti Dental Cream – 200 g
Patanjali needs no introduction as the brand has taken the market by storm. This Ayurvedic toothpaste from Patanjali is extremely popular and it helps you in fighting all sort of oral problems. Apart from this, there is medicated toothpaste also available from Patanjali and there is also toothpaste for kids which are offered by the brand.
4. Pepsodent Germicheck Toothpaste, 150 g
Pepsodent is a well-known name in the oral care industry. This toothpaste is age-old formula which offers germ protection for 12 hours. This results in a fresh breath along with a healthy mouth. The toothpaste is safe for children and it is also available in different flavours. The three flavours available in Pepsodent are ‘clove and salt’, gum care and the classic flavour.
5. Closeup Diamond Attraction Toothpaste
If you have yellow teeth and if you are planning to go for dental bleach then you must wait and try this toothpaste first. The toothpaste from close-up is a teeth whitening toothpaste and the company guarantees the whiter teeth just after one brush. The toothpaste has menthol which offers a really fresh breath and hence you must try this toothpaste if you want whiter teeth.
6. Colgate Toothpaste Visible White Sparkling Mint – 50 g
Colgate also launched whitening toothpaste recently and this toothpaste also promises a shade whiter teeth just after 1 week of continues use. The pack is available in different sizes and hence you can also buy a small size pack if you want to test the toothpaste. Apart from offering white teeth, the toothpaste also protects you from cavity and other oral problems.
7. Bentodent Indian Dental Organization Natural Toothpaste for Entire Family (80 Gm) Fluoride Free
It can be really hard to find toothpaste which is free of fluoride and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate but if you are looking for such toothpaste then do not worry as here is one for you. This mint flavored toothpaste has no fluoride or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. In addition to this, the manufacturers do not add glycerin in the toothpaste as well. The toothpaste also contains tea tree oil which offers really fresh breath even hours after brushing.
8. Dabur Meswak Toothpaste – 200 g
Meswak is not only popular in India but it is popular across the world. The toothpaste has extracts of Meswak Herb and it provides an all-round oral care to the consumer. In addition to this, the toothpaste also prevents various oral issues like gum swelling and gum bleeding. It is certainly one of the best natural toothpaste you will find in the market.
9. Himalaya Herbals Complete Care Toothpaste – 150 g
Herbal toothpastes had always been in demand in India and if you suffer from gum problem then Himalaya herbal toothpaste can be really beneficial. The toothpaste helps you in preventing gum issues and it is also loaded with the anti-oxidants which are another benefit of the toothpaste. The toothpaste is available in various packs and all of them are quite affordable.
10. Closeup Ever Fresh Red Hot Gel Toothpaste – 150 g
This is one of the oldest offering from Closeup. This toothpaste is basically gel-based toothpaste which had been popular since the time of its launch. It offers an amazing freshness after brushing and the best part is that the toothpaste prevents the bad breath for a long time even after brushing. A lot of people still use this classic flavor from Closeup and this certainly remains to be a favorite of many people.
11. Lever Ayush Anti Cavity Clove Oil Toothpaste – 80 g
This is another natural and veg toothpaste available in our list. The toothpaste has been launched recently and there are two flavours available in this. One of the flavours is the clove flavour and the other one is cardamom flavour. You can use the one which you like and both are going to be extremely beneficial and you will experience a fresh breath after brushing. Apart from these flavours, there is also whitening toothpaste available from Ayush which basically contains rock salt.
12. Mee Mee Fluoride-Free Toothpaste, Strawberry, 70g
If you are looking for toothpaste for your child then you must opt for Mee Mee Toothpaste. This toothpaste is free of fluoride and hence it is safe for children. The absence of fluoride ensures that there is no fluorosis while children are using the toothpaste. The favour available here is strawberry which again encourages the children to brush their teeth.
13. Sensodyne Sensitive Toothpaste Repair & Protect – 100 g
Do you suffer from sensitivity? That is probably because the enamel of your teeth is damaged. To deal with this issue, you can use Sensodyne repair and protect. The toothpaste addresses the sensitivity and you will notice a change in the sensitivity from first use onwards. There are other variants also available in Sensodyne and you can choose the one which suits your needs the best. It should be noted that small children must not use this toothpaste because of the presence of fluorides.
14. Apollo Noni Herbal Toothpaste
If you are a fan of Herbal toothpastes then you must certainly give a try to Apollo Noni Herbal Toothpaste. The toothpaste offers 8 benefits to the user and it is also very efficient in dealing with the gum problems. The toothpaste is made up of all the natural ingredients so you do not have to worry about the chemicals that other toothpaste may contain.
15. Amway Glister Toothpaste – 190 Gm Pack of 2Pc
Glister is one of the most popular toothpaste available in the market and this toothpaste is marketed by Amway. A lot of people prefer this toothpaste but the only downside of this toothpaste is that it is a little expensive when compared to other toothpaste in our list. Apart from this, it is one of the toothpaste with the maximum positive reviews.
To help you in choosing the right toothpaste for yourself as well as your family, here is a buying guide for buying the toothpaste that suites your needs.
Buying Guide for Toothpaste
- Colour Marking – In India, you will notice that all the toothpaste have a colour marking on the tube. This colour marking is basically a representation of the composition of the toothpaste. Below is the meaning of the different colour marking and you can choose the toothpaste for yourself accordingly.
- Black – This indicates that the toothpaste composition contains mostly the chemicals. Ideally, most of the people avoid these types of toothpaste but in case of medicated toothpaste, the black colour should be ignored.
- Red – When toothpaste has a red marking on the tube, it means that the toothpaste has a combination of the chemical based as well as natural ingredients. It is usually okay to use such toothpaste.
- Blue – If you notice blue marking on the tube then it means that the toothpaste has all natural ingredients but there is also a presence of ingredients meant for medical purposes.
- Green – Lastly, if you notice that the toothpaste has a green marking then you must know that the toothpaste is made of only natural ingredients and this is the most preferred type of toothpaste in the market.
- Type of Toothpaste – One toothpaste can never be used for all types of problem and hence each toothpaste has a different specialization. Some of the toothpaste may help you in fighting the cavity while another one might help you in teeth whitening. Some toothpaste is also medicated so as to deal with the sensitivity and hence, you can buy the toothpaste which suits your need the best.
- Flavour – Now, when you go for buying the toothpaste, you will notice that there are many different flavours available in toothpaste. Some of them are mint based while other ones may be natural flavours like that of clove, neem, and even meswak. This is totally a personal preference and you can buy the one which you like.
- Family Packs and Offers – Toothpaste is not just a product for the personal use but the whole of the family uses it. In such a case, it is always better to opt for toothpaste which comes in a family pack. This certainly saves a lot of money.
- Brand Image – You can also consider the brand image of the toothpaste manufacturer. Always opt for the brands which have a good image in the market as it is all about your dental health.
- Toothpaste for Children (No Fluoride) – Have you ever noticed that the toothpaste for children is different than the toothpaste for adults. Well, this is major because of the presence of fluoride in the toothpaste. Toothpaste for children has no or little fluoride as it can cause a permanent discoloration of the teeth because of fluorosis. This must be avoided and if you are buying toothpaste for your child then buy the one which does not have fluoride. For adults, it is mandatory to have fluoride in the toothpaste as it not prevents cavities and tooth decay.
- Abrasive – Every toothpaste comes with abrasive in them but the degree of abrasiveness varies with one toothpaste to another. In addition to this, the presence of higher abrasives can lead to enamel damage so this is also a point to consider while buying toothpaste.
- Presence of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate – Sodium Lauryl Sulphate is added to the toothpaste so as to form a foam which you notice while brushing the teeth but there are some people who are allergic to this compound. If you are also allergic to SLS then you must certainly buy toothpaste which doesn’t have the presence of SLS.
These are the factors that you must consider while buying toothpaste and you will fall in love with your toothpaste. Along with having good toothpaste, it is also important to have a good toothbrush so make a choice wisely.
These are the best toothpaste available in Indian market. No matter which toothpaste you like, always remember to brush your teeth twice in a day.
In addition to this, you must also visit the dentist after every 6 months. Remember that prevention is always better than cure.