There is a lot of misconception about Whey Protein Powder in India. A lot of people believe that the Whey Protein is harmful while other people believe that Whey is only for the people who are going to the gym. The fact is that the body requires a lot of protein. The amount of protein required by the body is around 1.8 gram per Kg of body weight. So for example, if someone weighs 50 Kg then his daily protein requirement is 90 grams. This protein requirement can’t be fulfilled by regular diet and hence people consume Whey Protein Powder. Anyone willing to complete his protein requirement can consume Whey Protein.
Moving on to the next point, a lot of people believe that Whey is harmful to the body but this is not true. Whey protein is derived from milk and in some cases, you can also get pea protein. This is not at all harmful to the body but it helps muscles in growing.
So, now two of your major misconceptions have been cleared. If you think you should also have whey protein included in your diet then you can certainly buy the one you like but there are some factors to be considered while buying a Whey. Here is a short buying guide to help you in Buying Whey Protein without side effects.
Buying Guide for Whey Protein Powder
- Protein Per Scoop – Now, this is really an important factor to be considered while buying a whey protein. You must buy whey which has high protein content in every scoop. The ideal whey is where there are 22 grams to 28 grams of protein in a 30-gram Do not go for the brands which have 22 grams of protein in the 40-gram scoop. It would never be a good protein and it would not be cost effective either.
- Fats and Carbs per Scoop – For the fats and carbs, the less it is, the better whey protein is. Look for something that has about 2 to 4 grams of fats and carbs. If you are looking at isolate protein then the carbs near the 0. Do not buy protein powder with high fats and carbs.
- Authenticity – This is a major question while buying the protein powder. There is a lot in news about fake products. So, always buy your protein supplements from a reliable store.
- Flavours – There are many flavours available in protein and consider the flavor which you like the most. Most of the people opt for chocolate variants as they are always better than the other flavours in the market.
- Cost – You can also look for the cost of the protein. Each brand has a different pricing and hence set a budget and compare prices on various medium before you actually buy a protein.
These were some of the factors to be considered while buying whey protein powder. This will help you in buying the best protein powder for yourself. If you are still not sure about which one to buy then you may have a look at the list of best whey protein powder which is mentioned below.
Best Whey Protein Powders In India
6. MyProtein Impact Whey Protein – 2.5 kg (Chocolate Smooth)
This is one of the most affordable Whey Protein available in the market. It is an American brand and it has recently started supplying its products in India. Here are some of the details about MyProtein
- In one scoop, the whey has 20 grams of protein, 1.8 gram of fat and 3 grams of carbs.
- The protein is made of milk and soy protein.
- 5 Kg pack contains 100 scoops
- Available in several flavors and different packs.
5. Grizzly Nutrition 100% Virgin Whey Protein with Digestive Enzymes &Pro-Biotics – 2.21Lb-1Kg
If you are looking for a whey protein with digestive enzymes then you can opt for this. The protein is easily available in the market and the digestive enzymes can help you in easy digestion of the protein. Here are more details of this whey protein powder.
- Total Protein in 1 scoop is 25 gram. The total carbs here is 2 grams and fat is 1.8 grams per scoop which makes it a very good protein.
- Contains 4-gram BCAA and 4.5-gram Glutamine and Glutamic Acid.
- 1 Kg pack contains 32 servings in total.
- Helps in lean muscle growth and fat loss as well.
4. Arms Nutrition Sniper Whey Protein Multi-Vitamins & Digestive Enzymes 2 lb/907 g (Chocolate Ice Cream)
Next on our list is a whey protein from Arms Nutrition. The protein has added multi-vitamins and hence it will eliminate the need for consuming multi-vitamin capsules. You can check out the product reviews and prices by visiting the product page listed below.
- One scoop 5-grams protein, 3.54 gram of carbs and 1.5 gram of fats.
- Contains various digestive enzymes which basically helps in better absorption of protein.
- This whey is also rich in vitamins and it contains a combination of over 30 vitamins.
- Multiple flavors available in this protein.
3. Muscle Blaze Whey Protein, 2 kg, Rich Milk Chocolate
Muscle Blaze is yet another popular brand in Indian market. You can get different variants and flavors in this protein and it is certainly worth trying. Here are more details about whey protein from Muscle blaze.
- Protein per scoop is 25 grams, carbs per scoop are71 grams and fat per scoop is 1.15 grams.
- The protein contains 5.5 gram of BCAA per serving which makes it one of the best whey in the market.
- Many digestive enzymes are also added to this protein which helps in digestion of the protein.
- 2 Kg pack contains 60 scoops.
2. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein – 5.28 lbs (Chocolate Crème)
You can also check out the whey from Ultimate Nutrition. Visit the product page to check out the reviews and latest price of the protein.
- Protein content per scoop is 25 grams, fat contents per scoop are 1 gram and carbs content per scoop is 2 grams.
- 28 Lbs. pack contains about 80 scoops which are certainly quite economical.
- The protein has about 6 gram of BCAA in every scoop and the protein is available in 10 flavors.
1. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder – 5 lbs, 2.27 kg (Double Rich Chocolate)
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is one of the highest rated protein available in Indian market and you can check more details about the product along with some of the reviews with help of the product page listed below.
- Each scoop of whey contains 24 grams of protein along with 1 gram of fat and 3 grams of carbs.
- A 2.27 Kg pack contains 74 scoops of whey protein.
- This is available in 15 flavors and two different pack sizes.
- The protein is of high quality and it is ideal for the people who are vegetarian.
These are some of the best whey protein powder but to conclude, we would say that you need to be very careful about the authenticity of the whey protein powder.
Buy the product for a genuine retailer and if you are not sure about the retailer then you may want to consider the online stores as they are highly reliable.