The Internet has literally taken over our lives and today, we can’t imagine an hour without being connected to the internet. Wi-Fi helped us in getting rid of the wired internet connections. From an era where the speed of the internet was 56 Kbps, we are now in an era where telecom companies provide a download speed of up to 3 Gbps. The new evolution in this area is the FTTH internet. In FTTH, the companies provide internet via optical fiber and hence there is a significant increase in the bandwidth.
No matter which internet connection you have, you need to have the best Wi-Fi Router for home in India so as to utilize the capacity of the internet connection. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider before purchasing the Wi-Fi Router and here is a short buying guide which will help you in purchasing the best wireless router in India
Buying Guide for Wi-Fi Router in India
Range–The first important thing that you need to consider while buying the router is the Range of the Wi-Fi Router. Almost every router has this listed under the specification column and hence you need to buy a router that can cover your entire property. If you have a duplex then ensure that you choose a router with a higher range. Not considering this expense will lead to an additional expense as you might have to invest in Wi-Fi Repeater.
Bands– Most of the routers are equipped with two bands or frequency. This not only increases the range of the router but it also eliminates the electronic interference while transmitting the data. These days, you can easily get routers with Tri-band frequencies and they are the latest thing. If you are really updating your router then you may better look for a Wi-Fi Router that can function on tri-band frequencies.
Antennas– Along with the Range and the Band, you also need to consider the number of Antennas and type of antennas in the router. This is really important as the antennas are the component which is solely responsible for transmitting the signals. Having a large number of antennas can add to your utility factor but if you are looking for something that is visually appealing then you may choose to buy a router with an internal antenna.
FTTH Support / Speed– Apart from the specifications of the hardware components, check for the speed supported by the router. You must have a higher speed support or else you might not be able to take the advantage of the high speed offered by the router. In addition to this, it would be safe to buy a router that can handle high speeds as this would save you from upgrading the router when you choose to get FTTC or FTTH connection.
Ports– While you might not need Ethernet Ports in your Router but it is better to consider such needs while buying the Wi-Fi Router. For example, you might need a port to connect the network printer, network hard drive or a smart device like TV or a PlayStation. Consider those needs and ensure that the router has enough ports to meet your requirement.
Security and Parental Control – Next factor to consider while buying the router is the type of security and parental control it offers. Parental control certainly becomes important if you have teenagers in the house so as to monitor that they do not get into any trouble. In addition to this, the parental control can act as a firewall and hence blocking the website related to pornography, violence and other such things.
Device Management -Now this is a feature which is not essential but it is good to have. You might want this feature depending on how tech-savvy you are. So, most of the router manufacturers now offer a device management application along with the application. These apps can be installed on your mobile phone and they provide you with a control over your Wi-Fi Router. These applications display the speed, usage, and other such factor. Apart from this, you can even restrict a device from connecting to the router with help of the Device Management Software.
Price– Consider the price of the router and map it with your budget. You surely wouldn’t want to exceed the budget and today, you have routers which can be well over Rs 40,000. In such a case, decide the budget before you start shopping for the router and stick to the budget because you would anyway have to upgrade the router again in next couple of years.
Warranty– Wi-Fi Routers usually do not go bad easily but it is worth considering the options that offer you a good warranty. 1 year to 2 years warranty is the standard offerings in the market.
Online Portals– If you have decided which router you want then it might be worth checking the price of the router on the e-commerce sites. This is because these sites can help you in getting a great deal and discount on the Wi-Fi Router.
Which is the Best Wi-Fi Router in India?
10. Netgear WNR2000-200INS Wireless-N300 Router
Netgear is a popular brand in the country which not only manufactures Wi-Fi Routers but it also manufactures many other network products. Check out the features and the Advantages of this amazing piece of technology from Netgear
- The Wi-Fi Router would exceed your expectations when it comes to the support for the speed and range.
- This router from Netgear comes with internal antennas which not only makes the device look pleasing but it also adds on to the performance of the Wi-Fi Router.
- The company offers a device management app with the router which is called Netgear Genie. This helps you in getting more control over your device
- The router also supports Push and Connect feature and hence you would not have to share the password with everyone. The person who wants to connect to the wireless router may simply press the button and get connected.
9. Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router (Black)
Asus is a synonym of performance if you are a person who uses a lot of bandwidth with the gaming device or smart TV then you may certainly want to opt for Asus Router. Moreover, one of the most interesting fact about this router is that you can even connect your wireless dongle like that of Reliance Jio with this router. Here are more features of the router.
- The Wi-Fi Router has a dual band and the router is equipped with a quad-core processor which ensures that router doesn’t lag or goes unresponsive when multiple devices are using the internet.
- The device also has 128 MB of internal memory to support high speed streaming for you. This is a feature which goes missing in most of the routers.
- The router is equipped with 4 antennas and Beam force technology which enhances the range of the router by multiple folds.
- Asus also offers device management support and parental control with this router.
8. Netgear Orbi RBK40 AC2200 Tri-Band Home Wi-Fi System with Router and Satellite Extender (White)
This is the second router from Netgear in our list and it is one of the best router available in the World. The reason why it scores low on the list is the price of the router. It is one of the most expensive routers available in the list and most of the Indian consumers are price sensitive hence we the router ranks on 8th number.
- The range of the router is almost 4000 sq. feet and this is seriously a lot. It can cover your house easily. This makes it the best Wi-Fi Router for Long Range in India
- The Wi-Fi Router is also equipped with Tri-Band technology and it is certainly something latest in the world of technology.
- It is quite easy to set up the Wi-Fi Router and it also comes with device management app called Orbi App.
- There are three different models available for Netgear Orbi and you can choose the one you need.
- Apart from all these technical features, the router is really beautiful in terms of the looks and it can add up to the beauty of the home.
7. TP-Link Archer C1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi
TP-Link is another popular brand in India and abroad. If you are looking for a reliable router with a high-speed support then you can buy this router without a doubt. TP-Link Archer will deliver you an unmatched performance. Here are more details about the router.
- The router has a dual band technology which offers a good range of signal transmission.
- The maximum speed supported by the router is 867 Mbps at 5 GHz. The overall speed of the router is 1200 Mbps and this helps you in making full utilization of your network capabilities.
- The router is equipped with three highly efficient external antennas which ensure that there is no blind spot in your home.
- TP-Link Archer also has a powerful CPU which enable you to connect a lot of devices without any problem.
- The best part about the Wi-Fi Router is that it has two USB Connections and many Ethernet Ports which can help you in connecting multiple devices on a physical level.
- TP-Link also offers a device management software which offers you a really high degree of control on the device.
6. iBall 750M Dual Band Wireless AC Router – iB-WRD75EU
Next on our list is a router from iBall and this is again a popular brand which manufactures computer peripherals. The routers from this brand are also quite reliable and there are multiple models available in the router. Let us have a look at the features of iBall 750M
- The wireless router comes with three antennas which comes offers a good range in home and office.
- This is a dual-band Wi-Fi Router which works on 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz.
- iBall 750M has 1 WAN port and 4 LAN Ports. This offers a higher degree of connectivity and you can connect your gaming console or TV to the router.
- The maximum speed supported by the router is 300 Mbps
5. Mi 3C Router (White)
Mi is a brand which doesn’t needs any introduction. The brand manufactures TV, Mobile Phones, Smart Devices and many other electronic products which are not only reliable but which are also very affordable. This router from Mi is also very reliable and it is one of the best dual band router in India. Here are more details about the same.
- The speed supported by Mi 3C is upto 300 Mbps and it is certainly a decent speed.
- As per the company, the range of the router can be as high as 80 meters and this is because of the four antennas present on the router.
- Talking about the internal specification, the device has 64 MB RAM which offers you a good performance. The router doesn’t goes unresponsive even after connecting multiple devices.
- It is also possible to use this router a repeater and hence it can extend the range of your Wi-Fi connection at home.
- Mi also offers a Wi-Fi App which is basically nothing but a device management application.
4. Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router (White)
If you are looking for a router specifically from Netgear then you may also have a look at this router. The router comes with a warranty of 2 years which is certainly one of the best part about the router. Have a look at the features of this Wi-Fi Router which are mentioned below
- The router has two external antennas and it comes with a dual band frequency support which basically enhances the signal quality and the range of the router.
- The brand offers a 2 year long warranty on the product and it acts to an advantage in the long run.
- The router also lets you create a guest network and in addition to this, it is also equipped with WPS Feature.
- The maximum speed supported by this device is close to 300 Mbps so it is compatible with most of the internet connections in India.
3. D-Link Dir-600M N150 Broadband Wireless Router
If you live alone or if you live in a hostel and if you need a Wi-Fi then this could be the perfect Wi-Fi Router for you. It is compact, basic and very affordable. It is probably the cheapest one available in the market but at the same time, it offers the reliability of D-link. Below are the features of this router.
- The Router is good for a small range it comes with a single transmission antenna which is good enough for a small space.
- The device comes with a 3 year warranty which is certainly an add-on. This also promises a high durability.
- It is quite easy to set up the Wi-Fi and you can connect the router with just the push of a button.
2. D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2 + Router
The reason why we have this router on Number 2 is that it has an in-built ADSL2 Modem. Most of the modern day router lacks this but the fact is that most of the service providers in India still offers you internet via ADSL2. This is phasing out slowly but you might still need it. Below are the features of the router.
- This router has an in-built ADSL2 modem and it also functions as a Wi-Fi Router.
- The device comes with 3 year manufactures warranty so you can get the device replaced if there is an issue with the router. The company also offers DDS service on the router which is D-Link Direct Service. In case of a fault, the company offers a doorstep replacement of the product.
- The company offers firewall protection with the device which is again a god feature to have.
- Maximum speed supported by the router is 300 Mbps.
1. TP-Link TL-WR1043N Wireless N Gigabit Router
The best router in India at the moment is this Wi-Fi router from TP link. The router is also one of the most popular product in the country. Here are all the features of the router.
- The router supports the speed of upto 450 Mbps so this could be the end of your search for the router that supports good speed.
- The router from TP-link comes with 4 Ethernet ports and it also has 3 External antennas.
- The router offers connectivity via WPS. This means that you can simply press the button on the router to connect the device.
- Apart from this, the company offers a device management app with this router.
- The Wi-Fi Router comes with a warranty of three years.
These are the best Wi-Fi Routers available in India and you can have a look at these routers by visiting their product page with help of the link listed with each product. Compare the price with the offline retailer and the online retailer so as to get the best possible deal for your router.